Saturday, March 14, 2009

Imagine That

"There was an old lady
Who swallowed a cat.
Imagine that,
She swallowed a cat."
Old American Folk Song

Tonight I went out with my work friend Sandra. She is starting a couple of baby quilts so we went to JoAnn's so she could get some fabric. Of course, I did, too. I've always loved the little Winnie the Pooh fat quarters there and they were marked down a lot . . . .

Then we went to Dollar Bill's in Florence for a Blue Moon (my favorite) and some awful-for-you delicious appetizers. When I got home I decided to tackle the cloth "There Was An Old Lady" book that's been hanging around my house for about four years now.


I don't even think it took an hour. I'm very grateful for remnants of Warm and Natural batting, the 1/4" piecing foot, and temporary basting spray. Not to mention my wonderful Quilt Designer sewing machine that says, "Sure, I'll sew through six layers of fabric and three layers of batting, anything else today?"


The little book is really darling and I think that Nora will enjoy it as much as Aaron.

This makes three of my seven projects finished. I'm working on digitizing Mike's golf logo - I thought I was doing so well, but when I tried to embroider it the machine couldn't read it. In some ways, sewing has become so easy, it other ways, not so much. I'll keep working on it.

Thanks to Daisy for her words of wisdom about prioritizing the projects. Daisy is a great organizer so when she talks, I listen. Stop over at her blog and look at her March 11 "Lost Generation" post. Very cool.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nora loves that story!
I'm sure Aaron will too.

Daisy @ Our Growing Family said...

you're so sweet, connie! thank you for what you said. (i wish i thought i was so organized, though!) ;)

the book looks great! i bet they'll both love it!