Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday

This morning I got up at 6 to finish putting together the quilt for church. I managed to get the batting on, got quite a bit of ditch-stitching completed, added a sleeve, and trimmed it up. I reminded myself that, after all, it isn't going to the quilt show.

Either I'll finish it at a later time with more quilting and a binding, or not, or I'll cut it up once again to make something else. I'm happy.

After church I went with four other women to the Taft Art Museum downtown in Cincinnati. I'd been there once before, at Fine Arts Sampler Weekend last year. The Taft Museum is a small art museum, a private collection of the Taft Family, that was given to the people of Cincinnati.

We had lunch in the cafe and went to the special exhibit of period costumes from movies. I know that Artist Dates are done without company, but surely this counts. The dresses (and a few men's outfits) were amazing, both in style and handiwork. I don't have any pictures of the costumes - I figured that those people dressed in black and white and looking over the visitors carefully were there for a reason.

After we looked at the exhibit we took a quick tour through the museum. The house was renovated a few years ago and fairly glows. There is a fabulous Rembrandt in the music room. I like to imagine what it must have been like when there was a family living in the house, as well as what they saw outside the windows 100 years ago.

If anyone's in the area, admission on Wednesdays is free, although that doesn't include special exhibits.

No comments: