Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Today's postcard. Retro. I remember well the bias tape and ric rac in my mother's sewing things. I seem to have a new love affair with bias tape, the extra wide double fold. It's amazing how well behaved it is.

And the good news is that after organizing, I can find the bias tape and lots of other things. I got these little 6" x 6 1/2" cubes at the dollar store and wrote on them with a marker. Sewing supplies here

Art supplies on the other table
And since I've moved back upstairs, the dining room is once again a dining room. An uncluttered dining room. I love it.

And a project completed. I usually don't do this kind of quilting, especially from a kit, but I made it for someone else.

Not something I'll do again, but as usual, I learned some techniques, which makes it worth while.







3 comments:

Jane said...

Looks great Connie... nice dining room... I got rid of my table and hutch before we moved here. We sit at the kitchen counter/bar to eat. I MISS my table and am thinking I'd like to get another but worry it will end up just being another place to put stull (grin).. Have a good one. BTW.. like todays postcard

Vicki W said...

The table runner is very pretty and I could live in a dollar store! Love the stacked storage. Great idea.

Anonymous said...

I love your table runner!!! Very pretty!