Sunday, September 21, 2008

For One Bright Shining Moment

Today's postcard. Just playing. I've been wanting to try out heriloom stitches using a wing needle, but my old sewing machine didn't have the heirloom stitches.

It was a glorious fall day, perfect for the second day of Oktoberfest in Cincinnati. I got a cup of Warsteiner beer, my favorite, and strolled around. The Bengals game was on the Fountain Square tv, and a cheer went up when the Bengals scored in the fourth quarter. For one bright, shining moment, it looked like they might win. It wasn't to be, Giants 26, Bengals 23 in overtime.

It was a quiet day at the Great American Ballpark, too - Brewers 8, Reds 1.
It was still a good day for a walk over and back across the bridge.

And a good day to watch Nora playing Mermaid. Still no power at their house.





1 comment:

Jane said...

Gee, Nora looks just like a mermaid... I am jealous of your new machine.. great stitches it does