Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday Fill-In # 91

Today's postcard. Accents with Dye-na-Flow paint and shimmering color wash.

Friday Fill-In time. Janet had the best idea in getting this going. Answers are in bold.

1. Making Halloween costumes, mums and pumpkins in the yard, orange accents around the house are some of the things I'm most looking forward to in October. It's been months since there was something to decorate for. Now there's Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's Day, Easter. I always enjoy the little extras inside and outside to celebrate the holidays.

2. Sometimes I blog early in the morning, like today, and that's my favorite time. It's usually dependent on when I get my postcard finished. My goal for the year of making a postcard every day was a good one - I'm tried lots of things I otherwise wouldn't have. It's not one I'll repeat next year, though. I'll still make lots, just not one every day.

3. We are constantly reinventing ourselves, and that's why there is a saying, "never say never."

4. When I'm down, I go camping, write, eat really nourishing foods. I also read more, and that's one of the indicators that I'm sliding down. I just naturally read a lot anyway, so if you see me with a book in my hand, don't assume that I'm feeling down. I'm probably feeling just fine.

5. At home is where you'll find me most often. I love to be at home. (See # 1.)

6. A rainy day is good for feeling grateful. It's been really dry again this summer and early fall. Sometimes I think that we don't realize how precious water is. How precious many things are, actually. In Sarah's area, there is little gasoline, long lines at the pumps when there is some.

7. And as for tonight, I'm looking forward to stopping on the way home for dinner, at Panera if I'm tired (their corn chowder is a treat) or at the Levee if I'm feeling more energetic, tomorrow my plans include lunch with a friend, then babysitting for Nora and Aaron while their parents celebrate their fifth anniversary (congrats, you two,) and Sunday I want to start making the Halloween costumes.

Happy Friday, everyone.

6 comments:

Yvonne said...

Great answers! It's hard to believe Halloween is almost here. Have a great weekend!

peppylady (Dora) said...

It sure feels like fall here in North Idaho.
And a least your a lot smarter then I.
When I'm down I eat junk food.

Coffee is on and mine is up.

~Swankymama said...

I've heard wonderful things about Panera. I'll have to try it!

Happy Friday! Come on over when you get a chance!

Denise

Anonymous said...

thinking of you today, so I decided to take a peek at your blog. I'm so glad I did! Today's post card is glorious, and I hope you have a fabulous weekend. Congrats on the new s.machine! Know that you are loved, and I hope you come to visit soon.
love,
Bev

threesidesofcrazy said...

Great answers - I especially like the never say never answer!

Janet said...

Thanks, Connie!

That postcard is beautiful! #3 is so true. Wish I could go camping when I feel down...

It's raining here today and supposed to tomorrow too.

I've been craving Panera today...maybe I'll head there after work as well.

Thanks for playing :-)