Monday, September 15, 2008

Back - and Friday Fill In # 89

I'm back from the Smokies, with a stop in Berea for my annual physical at College Health Services. College Health Services, by the way, is fabulous and I miss it. Although I've been very lucky to have not needed it this year.

And yes, I'm missing the Smokies. Alot. I've got lots of great pictures to share. I'm happy that almost all the pictures I took were keepers. The one above is the most impressive, never mind that it isn't the prettiest. And yes, those are bats. And no, I didn't take the picture. Sarah did, in an old house that's part of the visitor center at Cades Cove. Would I have taken the picture? Yes. Would I have been happy about it? Not even close. So, thanks, Sarah.

I'll start back with the Friday Fill-Ins that I missed.

1. I enjoy camping, and most of all camping at Elkmont. Yeah, it's a bummer that there aren't showers there, but we've always been able to find an RV park where we can pay for a shower. There are fabulous riverside campsites (thanks, Bridget, for making reservations) and the sound of the river means the sweetest sleep for me.

2. Whether I should be doing something in the community activitism/social justice realm is something I wonder about often lately. And no, Sarah P, I wouldn't care if I didn't have authority. Only I would.

3. In your heart, you knew that we're all responsible for our own choices.

4. Take Panera whole wheat bread, add a little dipping oil, and you end up with a little taste of heaven.

5. Life has gifted me with all that I need and then some. I am grateful.

6. Heading down to the Levee and Barnes and Noble is an instant vacation.

And as for the weekend, Friday we hiked the Middle Prong Trail at Tremont, Saturday we hiked the Chamney Tops trail, and Sunday we packed up, then hiked the Little River Trail for a little ways.

The weather was downright gorgeous, although we learned on the way home that it wasn't gorgeous here on Sunday, with high winds from the hurricane. Steph is without power. And I'm grateful to my neighbors for cleaning up my front yard and driveway.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Your weekend sounds fantastic! I used to camp at a place in VT, right near a river and I loved listening to it too :-) Best way to fall asleep!

Loved your answer to #2.

Thanks for playing :-)