Thursday, September 18, 2008

Think Good Thoughts

Think good thoughts for Steph and Mike, who have been without power since the storm in Cincinnati on Sunday. Their whole subdivision is dark, and the news is that it may take longer for those still without power since the easy fixes are done. I took dinner over tonight, vegetable soup which held the heat on the drive over. They were able to borrow a generator yesterday, so they do have the refrigerator going.

No postcard today, I was working on this table topper, 27" x 27". Not my usual style, but I was making it for someone else.

It was fun to do some paper piecing for a change, and fun to use my hand dyed fabric in this kind of quilt.

Back to the Smokies - here is proof that I did the Chimney Tops Trail. I have to admit that I didn't do it well, but I did it. The trail at the very top was closed off so I didn't go to the top of the rock and the others went about half way.

Last time I went on this trail I came on a woman who looked to be about 75, with her walking stick, resting on the rocky part of the trail. I wondered afterward whether she was going up or down or whether she had decided that was far enough. And I hoped that when I was 75 I could hike at least that far on this trail, which is rated as strenuous.


Steph, Sarah, and Bridget dipped their feet in the water afterward - they said it felt like a spa, but a cold one.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Girls retreat !!!! I love it...
and my apologies once again for being so slow in comments. I have you in my RSS feeder and read whenever you do post,so I think of you often! It's getting back around to your site that my bad habit of procrastination comes into play.