Saturday, September 20, 2008

Oh, My Gosh

Today's postcard - the first thing I did on my new sewing machine

Oh, my gosh, I have a new sewing machine.

Is this beautiful, or what?

And it fits right in, opposite my old favorite machine, which is still living here too. This one has lots more stitches, lots more embroidery, and, hurrah, computer connection.

Usually when I've gotten a new sewing machine, I've been pretty tentative, trying just a few new things at a time, but this time I'm jumping right in.
No power for Steph and Mike yet. It seems a little like the last days before having a baby, that disappointment that labor didn't start today, then that labor didn't start during the night. Same thing - there's always the hope that surely today the power will come back on, but no, but maybe it will be turned on tonight, nope. Maybe today, nope, maybe tonight, nope. The frustrating thing is that Duke can't tell them when the event might occur. Just like a baby.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow connie, that is a beauty! that you can use such a machine is a wonderful thing, to me! so happy for you!
sure hope & pray that mike & steph get power back on very soon!!!
janice