Saturday, September 6, 2008

Gifts from Cool Women

Today's postcard. I found this tiny quilt in my fabric scraps. I did a pretty good job paper piecing, way back when, but the machine quilting was terrible and I put it aside. I cut it down a bit and hid the machine stitching with brown marker.

Today I came home to find this lovely little crazy quilt from Jane at Crazy Here and Now. Jane and I are kindred spirits in many ways, not the least of which we both made moves last year. Jane moved from the city to way, way up north in Michigan's Upper Penninsula. I made the opposite move, from small town to big city.

Note Jane's pretty stitching and the butterfly nestled among the stitches. Jane is such a thoughtful crazy quilter and her quilting is meaningful as well as beautiful. Thank you so much, Jane. I love it, and the thought behind it, too.

Yesterday I got a birthday package from my sister. Yeah, I know that my birthday is in June, but my sister's presents are notoriously late and wonderful because of it. It's so charming to be surprised at a later time, totally unexpectedly. Besides the chocolate, always nice, there is a gift card to a place I've never tried and look forward to ordering from - it will be like getting a gift all over again. And there is a cd that will help me "narrow the gap between how we want to live and how we're actually living." I love this kind of thing - can't go into a bookstore without browsing through the self-help section because I know, just know, that the answer is in one of those books, I just have to find the one.

What a blessed couple of days.


2 comments:

Jane said...

I'm so glad you liked your postcard and yes, you are a kindred spirit to me too!! So happy to hear you had a good mail day when you needed it most.. I also like todays postcard.. very fallish, eh ?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you got some very special gifts. I love unique gifts - ones that were picked out especially for you, and it shows.

I agree - you've been blessed!