Thursday, September 18, 2008

Friday Fill-In # 90

Today's postcard

Friday Fill-In time, everybody Answers are in bold.

1. There is no need to give up on civility. I love civility. A good example was this week when the power was out - people were ever so good about treating un-lit stop lights as four way stops.

2. Where in the heck did the empty USB ports on my computer go? When I got my laptop last year with four USB ports I felt as if I had riches galore. A year later I'm always switching things out.

3. Ripping out and replacing stitches is all I managed to do. Always use a walking foot when putting binding and sashing on a quilt. Always. End of message.

4. Prospects for good leadership in this country don't look good. We have all these wonderful universities - aren't any of them training leaders?

5. We were born to manifest the glory of God within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone - Nelson Mandela - full quote later - is the message.

6. Simplicity and tranquility are my goals every day. I sometimes admire people who relish a good argument and actually enjoy verbal fighting. Not me, no way.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a little catch up and relaxation. The week coming back from the Smokies is always long. Tomorrow my plans include working, then riding the bus to Cincinnati for Octoberfest, and Sunday I want to do something fun, don't know what yet.




3 comments:

Janet said...

re: #4 - on of the universities did :-) Ooooh Oktoberfest! What fun! Thanks for playing :-)

threesidesofcrazy said...

I enjoyed reading your answers. I hope you had a good time at the Oktoberfest.

jenk said...

This is super neat. How do I learn more about Friday Fill Ins? I love your blog!