Friday, September 5, 2008

Friday Fill-In # 88

Today's postcard. I found this paper-pieced block with my scraps. I'm sure it goes back many years.

Jan says that today's Friday Fill-Ins are based on words from obscure songs. Answers are in bold.

1. If I was to walk into your life, I'd welcome you and say, hey, Jan, how do you ever come up with all those questions? Good job.

2. Catch a bright star and place it in my window as dark evenings come. I always enjoy the look of candles in the window during fall and winter.

3. And you can send me art supplies. And books. No candy, please.

4. My body is getting older, but I'm dealing with a memory that never forgets. Just kidding, but I wish.

5. I'm the innocent bystander, somehow I got stuck in a life that won't slow down. Of course, I'm big on the personal responsibility concept, so I can't call myself an innocent bystander in this one.

6. What's keeping us apart isn't selfishness, it's timing. Or, maybe # 5.

And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to shopping for Aaron's birthday, with a little something for Nora on the side, tomorrow my plans include work (ugh) and babysitting (hurrah) and Sunday I want to celebrate Aaron's birthday. I'm looking forward to seeing Janice and Don and the other relatives. Should be a great day. Nora says we have to get more party hats.

Have a good weekend, everyone. It's raining here this morning, would you believe it?

4 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

Great answers - Have super birthday fun this weekend!

Chrissea said...

It's not raining here yet (SW VA) but Hannah is approxing quickly. Happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

Great answers!

Janet said...

awww, thanks, Connie! You had some great answers, I particularly liked #2.

Thanks for playing, have fun this weekend :-)