Sunday, September 7, 2008

Long Season?

Today's postcard - from a couple of small squares that were in my fabric box.

There were lots of Bengals fans wearing their orange and black today, but if they had high hopes they were disappointed. It could be a very long season, but it still makes for some fun Sunday afternoons.

Nora and Aaron weren't paying any attention to the score, and they were happy to be Bengals fans. Tomorrow is Aaron's birthday and his party was today - pictures to come. It was great to see all the Lockhart's.


Here's a Nora story - Steph told her that I was picking up the cake and buying the party hats. And Nora replied, "Gran B doesn't buy things. She makes quilts. That's her job."
On Saturday I was teaching a sewing workshop and took my machine. When I brought it back I decided to take it upstairs since it is no longer so hot and I'm anxious to be back in my studio. I thought that maybe in moving all my stuff back up I'd find a few things that I don't really need. Wrong. I need it all.


As my sewing things left my dining room, I uncovered various other things. To my dismay, I discovered an un-RSVP'd wedding invitation and an unanswered invitation to a class reunion. No unpaid bills, that's a plus.

When I sat down to read the Sunday newspaper, there was a space on the dining room table large enough to spread it out. Tomorrow I'm going to complete the move. I have a new candle to light, called Fresh Comfort, to set a new tone in my living space.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Cute pics of kids in their baseball duds. Have fun getting your space back in shape... I can smell the candle now !!!