Thursday, May 1, 2008

Take It Further Challenge for May

Today's postcard

Sharon B has posted the Take It Further Challenge for May and it sounds SO difficult. It's "what do you call yourself and why?" She is referring to whether you call yourself an artist, a crafter, an art maker, etc. That would be really, really hard to get into a quilt, so, at first thought, I'm considering working with the color palette instead of the topic. It's very beautiful - blue, pink, indigo, beige, purple - colors I know I'd enjoy.

Whenever I think of myself as an artist, I feel just a little bit like a fraud. I make art, true, but I have no formal training. The term "crafter" seems to lack seriousness of purpose and seems to me to imply staying in the lines. Yeah, I definitely think I'm going with the color palette (unless of course I change my mind.) I'll be watching to see what others do with the topic.

No comments: