Tuesday, May 13, 2008

May gardening

Today's postcard -hand dye with sparkles and a few stitches

Last year I think that the only gardening I did was hang out a Mother's Day hanging basket of fushias. I love to garden, but it just wasn't to be last year. This year, though, is a new year, and I have plans.

Thanks to Steph and Sarah for this begonia. Lovely, and I appreciate it. Not to mention, it was a total surprise when the hanging basket appeared out of Steph's trunk

I love herbs the most of all garden plants. Especially rosemary. There are few food things that make me as happy as fresh focaccia with rosemary out of my garden. That's why I planted two rosemary plants. I got a new gazing ball, too. When the house pictures were online, there was a bird bath on the pedestal, but between then and when I bought the house it came to an unfortunate end. I'd rather have a gazing ball, despite their bad rap.

And maybe, just maybe, there will be heirloom tomatoes. This is one of the ones I started inside. I actually got some tomato cages at the Mart tonight. Other years, I'd wait until late June and there were none to be found. There were only two remaining, but I'm hopeful of finding more, since, after all, it's only May.





No comments: