Friday, May 30, 2008

Friday Fill-In # 74

Today's postcard

Today's Friday Fill-Ins answers are in bold.

1. For me, no time or structure to think and try new things is the opposite of creativity.

2. Loving Frank was the last excellent book I read. It's a fictional story about Frank Lloyd Wright and his mistress, a really good read with a surprise ending.

3. I like fill-ins because they give me a chance to get out of my head and write about things that I normally might not. For example, I love to read, but almost never mention what I'm reading.

4. I nature, I like looking at the ocean. In stressful times, I always long for the beach. Or, the mountains. I look at the Smokies web camera almost every day and try to imagine myself there. Right now, it's totally overcast.

5. I don't know who should win the US elections. I'm really disappointed with what I perceive of as the lack of good leadership candidates. After the GW years, we really need a strong, experienced, non-egotistical leader. And I don't see one.

6. The last time I laughed with all my belly was - I'm sure it was with one of the grandkids. They light up my life, for sure.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to quilting the border on my quilt (and maybe putting on the binding as well,) tomorrow my plans include going to Bluffton, Ohio, for the funeral of my 96-year-old aunt. She was the last one remaining of my dad's sibblings and their spouses. My sister is coming from Lancaster, Pa, and I haven't seen her for ages and ages and I'm so looking forward to seeing her. Sunday I want to go to church then do something fun and relaxing.


1 comment:

Janet said...

Why is it the ocean comforts us in times of stress? Hmmm..

My mother was from Lancaster, PA; small world :-)

Sorry to hear about your Aunt...

Thanks for playing.