Friday, May 9, 2008

Recycling

You never know what you'll miss when you're gone, and I really miss reycling. I am so used to recycling everything that can be recycled, and not having that available makes me sad. It just doesn't even seem to be on the radar here, at least not where I am. I feel especially bad seeing aluminum cans in the trash. That really should never be, since it takes so much energy to manufacture a new can compared to how much it takes to re-make one from a recycled can. As a country, we're so very wasteful, in ways that can't continue. Off of soapbox.

Of course I miss Nora and Aaron,too. I miss Nora's observations on life and the way Aaron's face lights up when he sees his people. I wonder if he's crawling yet - he is so close. Steph comes home from her training today, and I hope he's waited. You're in for a treat tomorrow, Grandma Janice.

Yesterday was cold, 49 degrees. Who would have thought? I was glad I had a fleece jacket in my truck. It was there just because I was too lazy to take it out, and I was so happy I had it.

Today is the last full day of training, and we'll be done tomorrow at 1. So much information, my brain is overflowing. I hope I can get back to being creative after these technican things.

I'm looking forward to stopping at one of the nurseries on the way home to admire the flowers. Maybe I'll take another look at the lake, too.

No comments: