Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Today's postcard - hand dyed fabric with a little stitching

Happy Mother's Day, everybody. I'm so glad we take a day to honor mothers, particularly those mothers with young children. Their lives are so busy that it's nice to honor all they do to help their children grow well. (Yeah, Steph, I'm talking about you.)

Now, finally, a few pictures from Cleveland. Here are Deb from Wisconsin and Kathy from Colorado. We had good times going out at the end of the training days, and they were such good sports about riding in my little, old truck.

On Monday, we went to Agave's for Cinco De Mayo. We sat outside where we could hear the band inside but could still carry on a conversation.


Red Robin was a burger restaurant with wonderful onion rings on a stick. They had lots of choices, and guess what? They would substitute Boca Burgers on any of them. My kind of place. Steph said there is one in Cincinnati and she plans to take Nora one of these Tuesdays when Red Robin is there in person. Obviously, it was Tuesday when we were there.

The Cheesecake Factory was really close, and we went there twice. I opted for the Godiva Brownie Sundae both times. I know, this is the place to eat cheesecake, but doesn't this look so wonderful? I wish I'd taken a picture of the lettuce wraps, they were different than any I'd seen before, but there was a Friday night wait and by the time they arrived I just dived in.

This was my home for the past week. I wasn't there much, but I enjoyed it when I was there.

I wanted to add this one, too. On my way out of town I stopped at Steph's and Aunt Tina was there feeding happy little Aaron. I think that after nine months the little guy has finally gotten filled up. He is still glad to get his food, but it's no longer that desperate gotta-inhale-food-now frenzy with him.





1 comment:

Daisy @ Our Growing Family said...

We have Red Robin here and love it. :) I esp love the "protein burger" - everything but the bun with extra lettuce. Started eating that when I developed my bread aversion at the beginning of the pregnancy - and still usually get it. Yummy food!

And that dessert from the Cheesecake Factory DOES look very yummy!

Glad you had a good trip! :)