Friday, February 22, 2008

Tired of This

Today's postcard - hand dyed fabric and paint

There was freezing rain again today. I am so tired of this.
At least my sidewalks and steps are clean, after a lot of chipping and shoveling. And yes, I did de-ice the truck and left it unlocked so the locks won't freeze shut.

I worked all day on my Take It Further Challenge quilt, and I'm so tired of that, too. I'm at the "what was I thinking?" stage. Usually when I make a quilt there comes a point when I seriously dislike it and think there is no way it will turn out nice. I'm surely there this time, and I really do dispair of it ever looking good. Looks like a rag bag candidate right now.
And I know, I really do, not to fuse Wonder Under on Warm 'n Natural batting and I unthinkingly did it anyway. Don't do this at home. The top draws up and ripples. I meant to knot this quilt, but I'm going to have to try to quilt parts of it for damage control.
Here is a peek at it - you can see the butter dish, horseradish, other radishes to represent the garden, electric stove burner to represent the conversion from the kerosene stove, and a bit of the surphur well. Actually, all this is well and good, it's the rest that isn't. I'm muttering that next month I'm not going to do a collage, no matter how much the topic suggests it.

Hmmm. Do you suppose if I drink this winter lager and it disappears that winter will go away too?





No comments: