Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Ballet

Today's postcard - commercial fabric with foils

One of the Fine Arts Sampler Weekend events today was a presentation of "Beatrix Potter's Tales" by the Ballet Theatre Midwest. I missed the presentation but got there during the reception.

Aaron spotted me when I came in the door and gave me a big grin. He was hanging out with Aunt Tina.

I found Nora in a princess dress, drinking punch.

After the refreshments, the kids got to dance with the performers, who were careful to include even the smallest and less brave children.

The performance was at another former Carnegie Library, this one on the east side of Cincinnati. The building's architect was Samuel Hannaford, who also designed Cincinnati's Music Hall and City Hall. I have to admit that I missed taking a picture because the wind and cold were piercing. This after the 50 degree temperatures yesterday.
I'm still learning my way around town. I came from a different direction after church and was surprised that I was home about 15 minutes.



No comments: