Thursday, February 21, 2008

More Snow and Sleet

Today's postcard - napkin, paint, tulle

It's snowing again. And sleeting. It's 7:30, and I just talked with Steph, who is almost home after leaving work at 4:00. Luckily Mike was able to get the kids at school with a few minutes to spare.


There was a workshop in Bellevue tonight that I've been looking forward to, but it was postponed. The snowplow has been by several times, but the sleet keeps coming.

I'd thought I'd make dinner for a drive-by pick up for Steph - bad idea, I thought the snow wouldn't start 'til later. I made this mac 'n cheese with something called cellentani, a curvy macaroni. I thought Nora would love it, but she can love it another day.


I need some spring. Even though it's probably a week or so early, I planted some tomato seedlings today. I got a pack of Burpee assorted heirlooms in a mix of colors. I like the idea of being surprised. There are Brandywine Pink, Golden Sunburst, Black Krim, Evergreen (green), and Djena Lee's Golden Girl.

The Jiffy 7 peat pots are so great - they start out flat and expand when wet, with a fine netting around them so they keep their shape. Germination for the tomatoes is 7 - 14 days, so we should be seeing some seedlings soon.
Steph said she'd share some of her Valentine rose pedals with me for future projects, and it's nice to glance at those. Dried flowers are still flowers.





No comments: