Monday, February 18, 2008

Paper Whites

Today's postcard - commercial fabric and ribbon

Yesterday it was 60 degrees in Cincinnati and a nice day for a walk - or, a tricycle ride if you're Nora. Late this afternoon there was snow and sleet. Good thing my paper whites are blooming.


My sister gave me the bulbs for Christmas. She said they have less of the funny smell that paper whites usually have (true) and have sturdier stems (probably also true, but these stems are long.) They're beautiful on this February day.


Here's how the vase made from the painted paper towel fabric turned out.


I'm going outside tomorrow to cut some small branches to see if I can make some sort of arrangement to put in it.

The beads came off a necklace I got at the dollar store knowing they'd be great for some crafty project. This neighborhood absolutely has the best dollar store ever. Today I got some great buttons and last week I got two packs of fabric transfer paper for the printer. They are always getting new things, and it's a fun visit on the way to the grocery store next door.




1 comment:

yawen said...

hello,
i'm a new user of blogspot.
may i ask you a question.
i try to search my blog name in the google blog search. but no result came out.
i guess maybe my settings are wrong.would you please tell me how to solve the problem please?
my email address is yig5031@psu.edu

it's not a malicious joke. i really want to know how to make it work.
thank you very much!

by the way, the flowers are pretty. are they originally looks like onion? and need to be soak in the water? and are the flower have a strong nice smell?