Friday, February 8, 2008

Bronze Vase

Today's postcard - painted commercial fabric and fortune cookie fortune. the fortune: the wheel of good fortune is finally turning in your direction.

Here's the vase - the bronze color stayed pretty much as it was. Not bad, and I learned what I was supposed to learn plus one thing more: don't talk on the phone when placing an internet order. That's what I was doing, and I accidentally ordered bronze instead of transparent liquid stabilizer. I wish you could have seen the glowing pink pre-bronze.

Here's a fabric I made today with yesterday's painted cheesecloth plus other goodies, including tearings from a seed catalog. It put me in the mood to look hopefully in the flower beds for shoots of crocus or daffodils, but no luck. It will be my first spring here so I don't know what to expect, but I have a feeling there won't be any spring flowers except for the pansies I planted last fall.

The fabric is turning into a box with lining and drawers, which I'm too tired to work on any more tonight. It looks like there will be lots of left over for other projects, too. Sometimes the leftovers are the best part.

This is Fine Arts Fund Sampler Weekend in Cincinnati. There are many performances and workshops and open galleries and everything is free. My goal is to try something I usually might skip.



No comments: