Friday, February 15, 2008

Red Valentine sucker

Yesterday's postcard - hand-dyed fabric and piano concert program

Today's postcard - painted paper towel and tulle


Remember when - you came home on Valentine's Day with a bag of valentines and goodies? And how every red sucker tasted better on that day, especially the heart-shaped ones? Even though you knew they were the same suckers you might have had the week before?

Here's the background for the "What Do You Remember?" challenge quilt. I wanted a rough grid design because of the register we'd stand on in winter to try to warm up. Because I grew up in a Mennonite home, I used colors that are vaguely Amish. I plan to use a lot of black on top, but first I need to sew this down.

I'm also working on my joggles lesson, making fabric from painted paper towels. I painted my paper towels and wasn't happy with them.


Then I tore them up and sewed them down. And I like the way they look. What fun.







No comments: