Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Warm Surprise


Just when I thought Christmas was over, it wasn't.  Yesterday these warm Fair Trade fingerless gloves arrived from my sister and niece.  Just the right color for my pink coat from Winnie and Sarah.  Although I'm pretty sure my sister and niece didn't know about the pink coat.

Today is a good day to try them out.  Yesterday the high was sixty, with gusty winds.  Today, thirty but still clear and with less but still noticeable wind.

This morning I gave my friend a sewing lesson on her new Janome 15000, which is a wonderful sewing/embroidery machine.  We went out to lunch at a new restaurant that has good fresh food and then visited the sort-of-new quilt shop just down the street.  She hadn't been before.  I resisted buying a thing!

This afternoon I've been reviewing my budgets for the past month.  Although I'd love to be able to spend without thought, I actually do enjoy the budgeting process.  I was talking at lunch with my friend - she doesn't care for math, I like it a lot.  

Sometimes it's just comforting to know that the answer will be right or wrong.  There will probably be different ways of getting to the answer, but the end result is clear.  Unlike some of life's problems.  I'd actually enjoy going through my college algebra book and working through the problems, most likely why I kept it.  Remember those texts - the odd-numbered answers are in the back? 

No comments: