Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Square in a Square


This little baby quilt is going to end up with a lot of practice quilting.  I'm quilting a square in a square pattern in each of the patterned 5" blocks.  It's simple, but not always easy.  The good news is that I'm learning to quilt in different directions with the ruler, over and over again.  And learning to eyeball where I should turn.  Lots of times there are bobbles.  Even though the patterns are smaller than the long rows of quilting I did last week, it's more challenging. 

I'm trying to just go on, usually, not going for perfection.  There will be so much quilting that there will be lots of puff.  I keep telling myself that no one will see the small mis-steps.  The quilt isn't going to the quilt show, it's going to keep a little one warm.

It looks like we will be on the southern edge of the bitter cold weather sweeping through the country.  A couple of nights of lows around zero and days in the teens.  It will be a lot worse in other areas.

This morning was my dreaded eye doctor appointment and the result was really good.  It will be the end of August before my next check-up, unless I try a generic eye drop, which will mean a brief interim visit.  I wish I didn't dread going to the doctor so much, and the dread seems to be getting worse.  I've tried everything I can think of to change my attitude.  I've heard that some people actually enjoy doctor visits.  Oh, my, so out of my imagination.


1 comment:

Joanne S said...

I can see why you like these rulers. The square in a square would be one of my favorites.
Hope you are feeling better. No more appointments.