Thursday, January 24, 2019

Thursday's Story




The quilting rulers are here.  Two are larger than I'd imagined, two are smaller.  Tonight, I'll give one or two a try.  If I love them, I'll order more at work.

This morning my son-in-law had a very early dentist appointment and I said, happily, that I'd take Aaron to school.  I went over last night because there was a little snow predicted and I wanted to avoid being on the road early.

Nora woke up for her 6:20 bus arrival.  She had a low-grade fever so Steph asked if I'd take her to school late if her fever went away.  Sure, I could take her when I took Aaron.

Twenty minutes before Nora was to get on the bus the school recording said there would be a two-hour delay.  That would mean Nora could take the bus but Aaron would have an 11:20 school start.

Cars and driveway were icy.  Nora went back to bed.  Aaron smiled at the news and went back to sleep.

Around 7:45 I got the news that school had been cancelled for the day.  Both kids happily went on sleeping.  Nora's fever had gone down.

By 10:00 my son-in-law was back and I started for home.  Back streets were slippery but main roads were fine.  Streets in my hilly community had been treated.  I went to lunch with a friend.

The end.

No comments: