Friday, January 11, 2019

Quilt Mini


Several months ago, when it was warm, I started on this little Christmas quilt from a kit.  Finished size is 16" so some of those little square are tiny.  Just maybe I should have paid attention to the finished size on the package.

Today I finished the basic piecing of the squares, next come a little more piecing and the sashings.  I mentioned to a friend that I was working on this and she said she LOVED little pieces. I told her that when I finished I'd pass on the pattern and any left-over fabric.  So now, someone will know how much procrastinating I am doing.  Or, hopefully, maybe not.

Snow is predicted starting tonight.  I made the obligatory trip to the grocery store this morning, although in fact I would have gone, snow or no snow.  The cupboard was bare.  I got a package of veggie meat balls, hope they will be a nice addition.  I'm not looking for the taste of meat, just some variety in my protein.  

And an Amy's veggie pot pie is in my freezer.  This past year I tried to eat fewer processed foods, but I feel it didn't work out like I hoped.  Too many times I didn't cook and ended up eating less than desirable things, like tortilla chips.  Obviously I need to keep trying. 




1 comment:

Joanne S said...

That center star block is ADORABLE. Bev's quilt that I made from the tiny bits from her scrap bag has stars this size that I made. five stars by five stars--25. A line or two of thin sashing around each-to make them match in size. the sashing was made up of slivers of the cut offs. I wasted nothing.

I love that you are sharing this with a friend--lucky gal.