Friday, January 25, 2019

Straight Edge Ruler



This morning I just dived in with the straight edge ruler.  What I learned:
  
a shorter ruler with lots of markings is a good thing for this beginner,
when the instructor says to just quilt small increments at a time, there's a reason for that,
and it isn't as hard as it looks, there are some transferable skills.

That does NOT mean that my lines are perfectly straight or perfectly spaced.  It does mean that, for my first time, I'm pleased.

I'm a fan of  Angela Walters' advice that, if you spend your time ripping out and correcting every little mis-step, you aren't spending your time learning to quilt.




1 comment:

Joanne S said...

So are they like guides for the presser foot to run up against?
And the ones with curves==how does that work?
I know (from even such a short time) that you appreciated an orderly, straight seam.