Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Waiting for the Doctor

 


Waiting for the doctor this afternoon, trying to get over my white coat syndrome, 

What actually seemed to help - I decided to try journaling in the notes section on my phone, just whatever came into my mind like I do in the morning but even more random. And that calmed me.  When I left, I erased the notes. On Monday I'll see my primary care doctor, so I'll have a chance to try it again.

I have a month of a different antibiotic, just in case.  Apparently the bacteria that caused my pneumonia is a stubborn one.  There will be repeat tests and a return lung doctor visit in two to three months.  

And yes, I can start pulmonary rehab at the end of next week.  My last steroid pill will be next week and the long taper will be over.  The doctor said to call if I start feeling exhausted afterwards, but I may actually feel better.  Of course, I'm voting for feeling better.

No comments: