Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Happy Valentine's Day


Happy Valentine's Day, everyone.  I'm trying to remember if I've seen Valentine's Day and the first day of Lent fall on the same day before - not in my recent memory.  Lent is early this year.

Trivia:  the earliest day Lent can start is February 4.  The latest day Lent can start is March 10.

My Valentine's Day secret, which now isn't a secret any more, is that I buy a pair of earrings for myself for Valentine's Day.  Earrings are my favorite jewelry (remember the earlier post about those orphan earrings.)

Less now, since I don't have a work place, I would feel sort of bad on Valentine's Day when coworkers were showing off flowers or pretty jewelry.  Then I decided that I could gift myself flowers on the day but that didn't feel quite right.  Earrings are always right!

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

Lovely self gifting idea-