Sunday, February 11, 2024

Cover or Not?

 


Last week we had such lovely warm weather that encouraged this plant on my front porch to throw out new growth.

Then today when I started my car the screen told me that we have a winter weather advisory for tomorrow evening.  I don't know whether to try to cover this new growth or to let it survive, or not, on its own.  Of course I don't know the name of the plant, with its feathery shoots.

I suspect that if the new growth dies, the plant will try again later.  If any of my gardener friends have advice or know what this plant is, please let me know.

Usually on Sunday night I plan my goals for the coming week, but after last week's unexpectedly unmet goals I don't feel like setting new goals this week.  Maybe I'll just recycle the previous week's unmet goals and call it good.  Or maybe in the morning I'll add more.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

I would cover it. perhaps wrapping the pot in newspaper and then just clip on the top- so it can still breathe. It looks to me like a small leaf fern. If you ever owned such a thing? (smiling)