Friday, February 16, 2024

The Last of It


 

After more weeks than I even know about, I've taken the last of the prednisone and accompanying antibiotic.  Fingers crossed that after the long taper my body won't miss it.

I'd feel like a normal person again, except (a) my doctor discontinued my synthetic hormone because of the blood clot, (b) my lung doctor prescribed an antibiotic by nebulizer because the bacterial culprit that caused the pneumonia is a stubborn one, and (c) the eye doctor added a drop.

In the spirit of keeping track of things, the blood thinner medication has been reduced from two pills twice a day to one pill twice a day.

I'm not a fan of the nebulizer because it takes half an hour in the morning and half an hour at night.  But it's only for 28 days.

That's quite enough about that.  It's snowing tonight, just flurries.  We've had so little snow this winter, and this one is so light and pretty.



1 comment:

Joanne S said...

But the very best part is that you are still HERE writing that post.....
Could have been much worse dear friend.

I have wondered about the food in the freezer- those prepared meals-- how are they????