Monday, June 30, 2014

Porch Pillows


I can't take credit for this inexpensive idea - one of my sewing customers asked me to make something similar for her.  Her tablecloth was a better quality than mine, and there was enough left to make napkins for her.

I got a plastic flannel-backed tablecloth at Target, I think it was $2.00.  I cut it down to fit this little porch table, then made pillows with the left-overs.  I figure that at the end of the season these pillows will probably be done for, at which time I can rescue the pillow forms from inside and they can live for another day and another project.

In the meantime, I have a pretty porch that makes me happy whenever I go out the back door.

The porch furniture goes way back to Fremont, Ohio, days.  Everyone in the neighborhood bought it from the local furniture store.  They probably still have it, too.  Sarah was a baby when we got it, so it's forty years old.  I want to get it painted, just not sure how to go about it.  If anyone has ideas, let me know.  I think that once it was sandblasted and repainted at an auto body shop.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

the newer rustoleum spray paints are very good and have different types for different surfaces. Give them a try on something smaller and not your favorite to see how it goes.