Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Summer Start


Today was my first summer day with the kids.  Rain wasn't predicted until afternoon, so I'd planned an early Kings Island trip, but the rain was earlier.  So, we headed to Newport on the Levee, where we saw Maleficent, which they both rated awesome.  It was still pretty wet when the movie was over, but the hampster balls were open for business.  I forgot to take off Aaron's glasses, but it was fine.


I completely messed up their meal schedule with ice cream after the hampster balls, but I keep hearing that grandmothers get to do that.


Aaron still likes the train, and Nora wanted to ride with him.  They got tickets, with coupons on the back for $2 off the hamster balls.  I'm sure there will be a next time.

We got home and I fixed them cheese quesadillas, then Aaron asked if I'd make another with chicken.  I explained that I didn't have any chicken and he asked if I hadn't shopped for the things on his grocery list.  :)  I found some frozen chicken nuggets, which they ate around 4:00.  Is it any wonder that they wanted very little dinner?

And after all that, there was a quick walk to the end-of-the street park, where their mom picked them up.  More rain tonight.  A very good day.

2 comments:

Jenni Pugh said...

It sounds like a fabulous day!

Joanne S said...

When do I get to spend the day with you?