Sunday, June 15, 2014

Blueberry Pie


It had been way too long since I'd made a pie, like years, and I didn't do a good job of this one.  For the bottom crust, I started on one recipe, to fit the pan, and skipped over to another for a smaller size pan.  Bottom line was that the crust didn't have enough shortening and then way too much water to make it stick together.  It's going to be tough.

I'm comforting myself with the thought that it will still be better than a purchased crust (probably not) and that the filling and top crust will be awesome (probably so.)  I would have redone that bottom crust but I had used all my white flour.

Maybe it was that lovely picture on the cover of Southern Living that put me in the mood to make pie.  And now that I've done it, I'm in the mood to make another one. 

For the past few years, my rolling pin has been used lovingly and exclusively for Play Dough.  It's time to use it more often for the real stuff.

1 comment:

tina said...

The pie was Delicious..crust and all!!
Thanks for sharing-Tina