Saturday, October 2, 2010

Vintage Baby

Saturday morning sewing. I just finished these shower gifts - baby's name on the lace-collar sleeper and a stroller quilt made from a quilted pink and cream pillow sham and fleece. Hope the baby's mom likes the vintage baby look.


And, hemmed five pairs of pants for Nora. One for each day of the school week so she can continue kindergarden in style with the cooler weather.

I find that I often give sewing lessons to women who do a lot of mending/sewing for their grandchildren and children. It always strikes me that this is a nice role to play in a family and I'm glad it's my role. I'm marveling a little that the morning's sewing took an amazingly short period of time.

I had such a nice dinner last night at the home of church friends. Really delicious and attractive food with nice linens and a pretty house. Lots of candles. I want to do better in the home area. Better food. More attractive house. Graciousness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are precious, who wouldn't like them !
Lucky that Nora has u,to get clothes hemed, & of corse the ones u make for her, also ! None of the rest of us sew !
Love the Peanuts towels - so cute !
Janice