Monday, October 11, 2010

Boo!

Every month Husqvarna Viking puts a free embroidery design and project instructions on their website. This is my version of October's. Fun use of software, and I tried out Fusi-Boo batting, which is a blend of bamboo and rayon. Much softer and nicer behaved than fusible polyester battings, perfect for little projects.

This is my favorite time of October, when the weather is warm and the flowers, at least the ones that were watered, look spectacular. Precious, because we all know that they aren't going to last.

I got a new camera yesterday, so maybe I can quit whining (and I can take pictures at quilt guild tonight.) The new one is a Nikon and the good news is that I can upload my pictures without installing any new software. I was holding my breath. There's a new item in my USB hub, a card reader that hopefully will reduce wear from uploading from the camera. At least that's why the camera store clerk said. I'm not convinced yet. The new camera is heavier than my Sony that's in the shop, somewhere, and maybe that will translate to sturdier.

Earlier this morning I went to Hancock and got a full bolt of Warm 'n Natural for half off, plus my 10% coupon. I feel so weathy having a full bolt just waiting. For me, that's about a year's worth of quilting. And the savings was well over $100.

Target was right there, and I also got white shirts for Nora and Aaron's Halloween costumes, Woody and Jessie from Toy Story. One of these days there will be a new Target in my neighborhood, the outside looks about finished.

I'm making potato soup and baking sweet potatoes for sweet potato salad. Procrastinating, maybe, on starting my quilting project and mowing the yard. The grass hasn't grown in forever, but my hope is that if I mow a couple of times a week I may not have to rake leaves. Raking leaves rates way low with me.

My heart is feeling a little bruised after Sunday's Bengals and Reds performances. That's all I'm saying about that. There is no joy in Mudville.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute little Boo to you ! Those flowers are so pretty !
Sweet potato salad sounds interesting, I really like sweet potatoes, but just wondering what else goes into it ?
Janice