Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Lone Zinnia

Last spring I planted zinnias in the back yard and as soon as they would get a little growth the deer would snack on them to about an inch from the ground. Eventually the zinnias and the deer gave up. Then Monday when I was mowing the yard (or, really, mulching the leaves) I spotted this one little zinnia in the bed. A resiliant little plant that started up again and again and made it through weeks of dry weather.

Also on Monday, I mailed this postcard to one of the people on my quilt guild's exchange. I can't remember why this piece of embroidery didn't work out, but it made a nice little postcard, dimensional where the quilted piece was attached. Some of the postcards I received in June represented work that others were currently doing, so I'm not the only one.

This morning I'm doing an embroidery with metallic thread. Not sure why I thought that was a good idea. The design is dense and there have been lots of starts and stops and a couple of broken needles. 42,000 of 50,000 stitches completed. I meant to do two of these, but I've reconsidered.

No comments: