Saturday, October 16, 2010

I Can Do It

A couple of times, when we talked about goals in my church Art and Spirituality Journey Group, I mentioned that I wanted a journal with pictures. A few weeks ago, I started with a ghost of what I wanted, with colored pencil pictures and a single word or two added. It was a start but nothing like what I wanted.

(Background: Thanks to my friend Jess I've journaled for years, on the computer, but what I wanted was something in addition to that, something I've seen in pictures and blogs, something PRETTY. Something to slow down with and enjoy.)
This morning I finally learned that if I use a fine point marker, and dip into the water color pencils, I can get what I want. Not as good as what I want, but I now know the basics. And if I have time today, I'll take the bus to the art store and get a journal with water color pages. I'm happy.
I'm also happy to be dyeing a white shirt yellow for Aaron's Woody costume and painting the yoke of Nora's white shirt yellow plus adding a yoke in the front for a Jessie costume.
After picking out the mis-alligned stitches on Nora's denim jacket, the dragonfly embroidered out cute as can be. It's supposed to be cutwork, but I made it into applique instead and added glitter paint. Dakota Cutwork Butterflies and More. I just may save it for her birthday in December. Or, not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nic journal pictures!
Sarah