Monday, October 18, 2010

The Lego Store


After the zoo on Sunday, we stopped at a mall for a thing or two for Steph and lunch for the kids. We tried without success to find a play area, but on the way out spotted the next best thing, or maybe the BEST thing, the Lego Store.

After a little digging around in the wealth of Legos, Aaron wandered away to look at the displays and admired every single one, but Nora never left her spot, rarely even looked up.

I think she would have stayed all day absolutely focused. Aunt Sarah would be so proud. (Aunt Sarah still admires the boxes of Legos.)

And, thinking about Nora, Steph taught her how to braid so that she could make the hair braid for the Jessie costume. When I told her I didn't know she knew how to braid, she told me exactly how to do it, "Take one side, move it to the middle, pull it tight, take the other side, move it to the middle, pull it tight."

I'm grateful for (1) her wonderful mother who teaches her such things and (2) that she did not inherit my right/left confusion. I loved braiding once I learned it, but anything like that took a long time for me to learn. Still does.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool. Did they have the lego Mindstorms?
Sarah