Monday, October 25, 2010

President's Challenge


This past weekend was my quilt guild's annual show at the Cincinnati Nature Center. As part of the show, the guild president issued a challenge last January that members make a quilt that was mounted on an 8" x 8" wrapped canvas.
Forty-some members participated and the little quilts were all hung together. It was amazing to look at the different ways the challenge was carried out.
The whole show was heart-zinging. I worked Sunday morning, which gave me lots of time to admire everything. And to resolve that next year I'll have something bigger than 8" x 8" in the show. The group's individual and collective talent is incredible. Sometimes I feel like I'm more of a watcher, although I do bring in things from time to time. But, next year, you'll see my quilt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I clicked on the quilts & they were bigger, could see them better ! So interesting & amazing !
Is the Mer- Maid connected to 2 quilts ? That really caught my eye!
Janice

Life Scraps and Patches said...

yes, it is, pretty cool, huh?