Sunday, October 17, 2010

Nora's Faith in Me


I love Nora's faith in me. Yesterday she gave me a Toy Story book and said, "This will help you make the costumes." And she gave me a cow print bandana to work with too. I think she had complete faith that there would be costumes, that they would fit, and that they would look like they were supposed to.

And on this day, all of the above happened, although I did make a second vest for Aaron because the first try turned out too small.


There was no cow print fabric to be found, so I drew the spots on white duck with a jumbo black Sharpie. That was all the better anyway because the duck was sturdy enough that it didn't need a lining. The fringe on the chaps is white fleece.

Aaron's Woody shirt is dyed yellow with red fabric marker lines. The yellow on Nora's Jessie shirt came from fabric paint. Good times, and I especially love my serger this time of year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job on the ADORABLE costumes..They are so blessed/lucky to have You!

Tina

Anonymous said...

Same here, - what Tina said ! Ha - :0)
Janice

Anonymous said...

When we were there Mon. eve. this toy was most always in his hand ! He showed it to me a few times ! I'm not sure what it is, so not much I could say ! Just knew he likes it !
Connie is A. really that tall next to N. or do his boots make him taller ?
Janice