Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Light Textures

Today's postcard

Today's postcard is a small experiment in working with the gauze-y fabrics I plan to use as a background for the March Take It Further Challenge. I had a dream about making a quilt using this kind of fabric, and the dream quilt was pretty. I've tried using gauze in the past without success, but I this time I tried using Wonder Under and was able to get a crisp edge while still keeping the gauze texture.

I hope I can incorporate this former nightgown that I've been saving for just such an occasion. It's a little less pink than the other fabrics, but surely it can work.

I had some painted paper towels that I hadn't made into "fabric" and tried those - nice, but probably not for this project.

Today was a good day to review my 2008 resolutions and see how I'm coming - I like to check every couple of months. About what you'd expect - some are on track, some have a ways to go, some haven't been started yet, some of the easy ones are finished. Over all, I think I'm behind, so I grabbed a few and started them.
I signed up for four small business seminars at Northern Kentucky University and set up a very basic system of keeping track of my quilt-related receipts. I picked a red from my paint chips to use as trim for the kitchen. And, I started DVD yoga - I'd forgotten that one, and my goal was to be in a class by the first of March. I want to work on it awhile at home first so I don't make a total fool of myself.
I really like New Years and like the goals that come with starting a new year. There's something about being able to redirect that satisfies me, and I'm always big into introspection (thanks, Jess, for your leadership training classes.)
It started raining last night and it's raining still. There is water lying on top of the ground and flash flood warnings out. If this were snow, we would be buried, but hooray, that isn't the case.


No comments: