Wednesday, March 26, 2008

March Take It Further Challenge Finished

Today's postcard

March Take It Further challenge: Pay attention to the details. Sometimes the small things become emblematic for something larger.

My quilt is 8 x 12 inches and contains many circles. It is constructed on a multi-colored gauze background and has many little details that comprise the whole.

My original thoughts were to have lots of beading. While there are more beads than I usually use, there are fewer than I originally envisioned.

Thanks to Dena Crain, with her Darned Quilts class, for her influence. I didn't start out thinking about doing something similar here, but that's where I ended up. If you ever have a chance to take Dena's class, jump on it.







3 comments:

Tanguera said...

Cool circles! I love all the extra little details.

Jane said...

Very nice TIF piece.. love how it came out....

neki desu said...

Those details add in telling the story! The way some beads are placed behind the ribbon creating visual dimension is very clever.

neki desu