Sunday, March 30, 2008

Maysville Visit

Today's postcard

It was such fun to go to Maysville yesterday and have lunch with Kay and see her husband Jack for the first time in years. Yeah, you heard of Maysville last week because George Clooney and Renee Zellweger were there for the premier of their new movie Leatherheads. And Bill Clinton was there the next day.

Kay took me to lunch at the Lively Lady in Aberdeen. I love restaurants on the river and ate lots of banana pudding at this one. Thanks, Kay. The next lunch is on me.

Leah, this Maysville picture's for you. At the left on the riverfront is the Medical Arts Building, where we worked together for all those years all those years ago. Every day we'd head for the third floor.

Sarah, this one's for you. The gnome still lives. Without going into details, there was once a bicycle accident involving the gnome and the gnome wasn't riding the bike.

Back home today, I fixed my grow lights, which went out last week when I was trying to move them higher. Turns out that the plug had loosened. Duh. The tomatoes are looking good, despite a few days of just daylight - almost time to transplant them to containers. Really, it's more about growing something in March than ending up with tomato plants.

And my fabric project continues.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so glad to see my old gnome friend. Actually no one was riding the bike at the time of the incident...I just sent it sailing thru the yard pilot free. Why it had to head straight for the gnome is one of life's mysteries. Perhaps the gnome and I were on a collision course with destiny. It's nice to see the old chap is doing so well. He is much cuter than I remember and maybe a little mischievous. He probably had a good laugh for himself that day as Brian and I raced to find the right color red to disguise the chip on his hat.