Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Easter Lilies

Today's postcard

Does anyone else feel a little rushed with Easter coming this Sunday? Two weeks ago we had the huge snow, this past week we've had Palm Sunday, Daylight Savings Time, St. Patrick's Day. I love Easter, but I'd like it to be just a little later. I'd like daffodils, decorated trees and lawns, and mostly the anticipation of the holiday.

Sunday it is, though, so I stopped in at Krohn Conservatory to see the Easter lilies. By the way, next week is the 75th anniversary bash for the Krohn with tours and cake. On Monday, though, I could get a clear shot of the exhibit with no one in sight. I'm guessing that wouldn't happen then.

Seeing the Easter lillies is one of those things I always wanted to do, and I still marvel that Eden Park with the Conservatory is only fifteen minutes from my door.

The word that comes to mind is majestic. The lillies are so formal and yet in their groupings or tucked with other flowers they seem more relaxed.

The show was worth waiting for.






No comments: