Thursday, March 27, 2008

Not My Bumper Sticker

Today's postcard

This isn't my bumper sticker. I noticed it yesterday on a truck in Belluevue. I wish it was mine, though.

Like ever so many other people, I love Red River Gorge. I love the hiking and the arches and the views and the Nada Tunnel. The camping at Koomer Ridge. The pizza at Miguel's.

I'm old enough to remember Justice William O. Douglas hiking the gorge in a Sierra Club effort to prevent damming the river there. Long after that, the section of river in the gorge was declared part of the Wild and Scenic River System and there is no longer danger of a dam.

Ah, soon. The bath houses open April 1. I'll try to get one of the campsites with stairs going to the tent area. Last time I was there, I noticed that there was cell phone reception in the camp ground. I'm still trying to decide - like it or not?

You probably guessed that the reason I was in Bellevue was because I didn't have just the right beads to finish my challenge quilt.

This is a good-sized store and I always mean to take a picture showing that, but I always end up with pictures of the gorgeous beads instead.

See what I mean?



1 comment:

Jane said...

Hi Connie... save a campsite for me, LOL... I Googled it and got to see some great photos of the area... very nice area of KY!