Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Ocean Quilt

Today's postcard - double discharged fabric

This was a slow day for me since I picked up Aaron's stomach bug. And so did Steph and Aunt Tina. I did finish this little quilt.

The watery background is painted and torn paper towels and the bubbles are angelina fibers.

I wanted to try tiny free motion stitches for the fish and ripples since the hand dyes don't tend to fray.

Sarah Ann Smith had an article about bindings in Quilting Arts Magazine, and she showed how to do the sheer binding, something I'd never thought of. The binding is straight and the picture is crooked.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Connie! What a nice surprise... I signed up for this Google Alerts thing which lets you know when your name surfaces somewhere on the net, and your link came up.... I'm SO thrilled you read the article, and especially that it was helpful.... And the binding looks great! WOOOHOO!

Cheers, and thanks! Sarah

JessWildfire said...

ohh, love the fish quilt--I think this is one of my favorites; the pics of the kids are always adorable; Aaron is getting so big!