Friday, January 18, 2008

Another Challenge

Today's postcard, for my Aunt Evelyn's 85th birthday next week.

I just heard from Pat Jennings about a challenge from the Quilt Artists of Kentucky called "Celebrate the Feminine." The challenge for Kentucky Heritage Quilt Society members (Quilt Artists of Kentucky is under that organization) is to make a quilt that "elicits feelings, images, or actual likenesses that honor the feminine," 30" x 30". The quilts will travel to different venues that feature women's issues. The deadline for quilts and their stories is February 1, 2009. I told Pat to count me in. I'm sure that the year will fly by in no time and the deadline will fast approach.

At the end of my street is Riddleview Park, known to Nora as "Gran B's park." I went there for a late afternoon walk since it's supposed to be colder tomorrow and most likely not a good walking day. Actually, it felt pretty cold today - I, who grew up in Northern Ohio, am becoming a cold wimp.

I was curious to see whether the Cincinnati skyline would photograph between the trees - nope.

Then I was curious to see whether a path I found would end up by Bridget's house. It was getting pretty dark and although I could see her street after hiking down the hill, it didn't look promising that the path would come out somewhere other than someone's back yard, so I went back up the hill to the park.

Across the park is a hill that goes down to my street, then up once again to get home.







No comments: