Sunday, January 13, 2008

I Love Red


I love red, I really do. So, I love this time of year when red is on sale. Some of my favorite home dec items came inexpensively in way-after-Christmas sales. Aside from year-round red, Valentine's Day approaches, and that's a red holiday if ever there was one. Along with the sparklies in the bag, I got a nice wreath with lots of red to decorate my front door in honor of that holiday.

I'd been to Rookwood Pavillion (remember Joseph Beth and Smith & Hawken) but missed the back of the shopping area, a newer addition called Rookwood Commons. Besides Pier 1, there's Wild Oats, just about a mile from the Fresh Market. I didn't stop in today, maybe next Sunday. There are also lots of other stores. And P F Chang and Bucco di Beppo.

A couple of Christmases ago, I made this Raggedy Ann for Nora. She took her out of the box, gave her a horrified look, and threw her across the room. Maybe it was the eyes. Since then, Raggedy Ann has become a favored doll. Last month she went to school with Nora when the children were asked to bring something red.





No comments: